At a Glance
The Broad Residency matches talented professionals with management roles in public education agencies throughout the nation. The program also identifies current management talent within public education and brings both groups together for a unique two-year learning experience. Concurrent with their full-time jobs, Broad Residents participate in a rigorous professional development program in which they come to understand the context of urban education, learn organizational best practices and develop their ability to lead with courage, resilience and empathy.
With strong leadership and management experience as well as significant professional accomplishments, Broad Residents are now engaged in work that truly matters. Working from within the public education system, they are well positioned to identify, catalyze and lead the transformation required to ensure that every student receives a world-class education.
• Successful completion of program requirements leads to a master's degree in educational leadership
• Starting annual salary of $90,000-$100,000
• Two years of professional development, simultaneous to job placement
• Residents report to the superintendent or a senior executive within the organization
• More than 90 percent of Broad Residency alumni still work in education
• More than 300 Broad Residency alumni are working in dozens of urban school districts, public charter school systems and state departments of education nationwide.
The Broad Residency is a unique opportunity for you to immediately impact the education of America’s students. Submit your resume today.