The Broad Residency 2018-2020
I have experienced many benefits from the privilege of access to higher education. I am passionate about ensuring that all families have high-quality schools in their neighborhoods that treat them with respect as humans. I've experienced the detrimental effects of harmful school policies and am passionate about engaging community members in the decisions that they are often left out of.
Dominique Donette is senior manager of diversity and student outreach at Citizens of the World Charter Schools Los Angeles, where she works to support diversity initiatives across the region in addition to driving school enrollment. Before joining The Broad Residency, Dominique worked in youth development and organizing in New Orleans, post-Katrina, taught at an independent school and was campaign coordinator on a statewide political campaign. Dominique earned a bachelor’s degree from the University of California, Berkeley, and a master’s degree in education policy and management from Harvard Graduate School of Education.
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley, American Studies and Dance
- M.Ed., Harvard Graduate School of Education , Master in Education
- Resident Functional Area
- Academics/Teaching and Learning
- Resident Organization
- Citizens of the World Charter Schools Los Angeles
- Resident Title
- Senior Manager of Diversity and Student Outreach
- Previous Functional Area
- Program Design and Management
- Previous Organization
- Kids Rethink New Orleans School